Until 2022, most articles published by Discovery Medicine contained the note: "Copyright © Discovery Medicine. All rights reserved", and hosting the full-text article for free access by all readers from anywhere in the world based on Discovery Medicine’s fully open-access publishing model.
From 2023, Discovery Medicine started to publish articles under the Creative Commons Attribution License and are now using the latest version of the CC BY license, which grants authors the most extensive rights.
Benefits of Open Access for Authors
• Authors retain copyright. The use of a Creative Commons Attribution License enables authors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
• High quality and rigorous peer review. Open access publications run through the same peer review, production and publishing processes similar to journals and books published under the traditional subscription-based model do.
• No space constraints. Publishing online means unlimited space for supplementary material including figures, extensive data and video footage.
• Compliance with open access mandates. Open access publications can comply with open access mandates from funding sources or academic institutions in the fastest and easiest way. Final articles can be deposited into bibliographic databases and institutional repositories without any embargo periods.
• Citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases. Open access journals are deposited into bibliographic databases and institutional repositories without any embargo period just as traditional journals. The full text of all Discovery Medicine published articles is immediately available to all. This means that search engines such as Google Scholar can index them fully, greatly increasing their visibility.
Updated on 10 January 2023