Terms & Conditions
§ 1 Scope
1.1 These Business Terms and Conditions apply to the purchase of contracts concluded through the website of discovmed.com and all subdomains (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) or through related e-mail communication, and to all related services provided by Discovery Medicine.
1.2 Any user of the website or buyer of services shall be referred to as “Customer” throughout these Terms and Conditions.
1.3 Any business terms by the Customer which diverge from these Terms and Conditions shall not apply, unless expressly confirmed by Discovery Medicine in written form.
§ 2 Offering of Discovery Medicine
2.1 Discovery Medicine offers scientific publication and editorial services.
§ 3 Ordering and Purchasing of Services from Discovery Medicine
3.1 To order a publication service through the Website, the Customer must first register with the Website.
3.2 The requirements for registering with the Website are that the Customer is of full age and has full legal capacity.
3.3 The Customer asks for contracting publication and editorial services with Discovery Medicine the moment she/he submits an original scientific article (“Article”) for evaluation through peer-review and possible publication by Discovery Medicine.
3.4 The Customer agrees to support open access publishing, which allows unlimited access to his/her published paper. In addition, the Customer agrees to the Article Processing Charges (APC) and is bound to pay the APC after acceptance of the paper for publication.
3.5 When offering services to the Customer, Discovery Medicine has the following cancellation right: Discovery Medicine may turn down or reject the Article anytime without specifying any reason and thus cancel the conclusion of the contract. After the cancellation through Discovery Medicine, both parties are freed from any previous commitments of these Terms and Conditions. The customer shall be fully refunded if any service fees were already paid before the cancellation of the contract.
3.6 In case a Customer pays more than invoiced by Discovery Medicine, any bank or transaction charges will be deduced from a partial refund of the overpaid amount.
§ 4 Manuscript and Copyright Issues
4.1 If material from other publications is reproduced in your manuscript, please provide proof that you have obtained the necessary copyright permission. Please refer to our Copyright & License.
4.2 Your manuscript is accepted for processing on the understanding that it has not been published elsewhere (or submitted to another journal). Exceptions to this rule are papers containing material disclosed at conferences, however please inform us if this is the case. For papers with multiple authors, please also confirm that all authors are familiar with, and agree with, the contents of the manuscript. We reserve the right to contact all authors to confirm this in case of doubt. Please provide E-mail addresses for all authors.
4.3 This article, if accepted, will be an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License.
§ 5 Prices, Terms of Payment
5.1 Prices are stated at the Article Processing Charges. The applicable price for the publication service regarding an accepted Article is based on the date of the original submission of the Article to Discovery Medicine.
5.2 For authors from Low and Middle income countries, waivers or discounts may be granted on a case-by-case basis. For more information on Discounts and Waivers see the Article Processing Charge.
5.3 Payments to Discovery Medicine are due within 5–10 days of sending the invoice to the Customer.
5.4 Invoices are sent by e-mail to the payment contact person provided by the Customer soon after acceptance of an Article for publication.
§ 6 Contract Document
6.1 Discovery Medicine makes no provision for a separate contract document based on these Terms and Conditions. However, the Customer may check at any time the ordered services and status of the Article through her/his personal account on the Website.
§ 7 Miscellaneous
7.1 If any provisions of the Terms and Conditions should be found invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In any such case, the contracting parties shall negotiate on the invalid clause to substitute by a valid arrangement as close as possible to the original provision.
7.2 Discovery Medicine reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes to this page of the website without prior notice. Please check these Terms and Conditions periodically for any modifications. Your continued use of any Service following the posting of any changes will mean that you have accepted and agreed to the changes.
Terms & Use
2. Unless otherwise stated, the website and affiliated online services are the property of DISCOVERY MEDICINE and the copyright of the website belongs to DISCOVERY MEDICINE or its licensors. You may not copy, hack or modify the website or online services, or falsely claim that some other site is associated with DISCOVERY MEDICINE.
4. Some articles published on this website (especially articles labeled as “Review” or similar) may make use of copyrighted material for which the author(s) have obtained a reprint permission from the copyright holder. Usually such reprint permissions do not allow author(s) and/or DISCOVERY MEDICINE to further license the copyrighted material. The licensing described in §3 of these terms and conditions are therefore not applicable to such kind of material enclosed within articles. It is the user’s responsibility to identify reusability of material provided on this website, for which he may take direct contact with the authors of the article.
5. You may register or otherwise create a user account, user name or password (your “Registration”) that allows you to access or receive certain content and/or to participate or utilize certain features of our online service, including features in which you interact with us or other users. You represent and warrant that the information provided in your registration is accurate to the best of your knowledge. You are responsible for the use of any password you create as part of your registration and for maintaining its confidentiality, and you agree that DISCOVERY MEDICINE may use this password to identify you. We reserve the right to deny, terminate or restrict your access to any content or feature reached via such registration process for any reason, at our sole discretion. DISCOVERY MEDICINE reserves the right to block or to terminate the user’s access to the website at any time and without prior notice.
7. The website may contain advertising. DISCOVERY MEDICINE does not endorse any responsibility of any kind for the content of the advertisement or sponsorship or the advertised product or service, which is the responsibility of the advertiser or sponsor, unless the advertised product or service is offered by DISCOVERY MEDICINE.
8. There is no warranty for the website and its content, to the extent permitted by applicable law. DISCOVERY MEDICINE, the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the website and its content “as is” without representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose relating to this website, its content or any to which it is linked. No representations or warranties are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website, or any website to which it is linked.
9. In no event, unless required by applicable law shall DISCOVERY MEDICINE, its employees, agents, suppliers, contractors or any other party, be liable to the user for any damages of any nature, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages, loss, cost, claim or any expense of any kind arising out of the use, inability to access, or in connection with the use of the website, its content and information, even if the user has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Updated on 10 January 2023